It's a feeling you're probably aware of, and there's almost no greater shock than a shower that turns instantly cold. Having a good water heater that can meet the needs of your family and household is important to keeping everyone happy, with hearts beating normally.
Standard water heaters use a large insulated storage take to heat and store water until it's needed by you. Because of their size, they're ideal for households and can handle demand from multiple points at a time.
There have been some minor tweaks to modernize gas controls and the ignitition process of these water heaters, but at it's core these are still the basic, reliable tanks, with hot water ready on-demand, that you've seen for much of your life!
- 30–75 gallon capacities
- Piezo igniter
- Advanced gas valve and safety features
- Available with additional foam insulation (better efficiency)
- Very reliable
- Lowest installed cost
- Can supply multiple hot water needs simultaneously
- Not highly efficient
- Typical lifespan roughly 10–12 years
- You can run the tank out of hot water (and have to wait for it to re-heat)
- Open combustion / atmospheric venting (burns indoor air with drafting effect to roof)